How to apply for an internship
- Visit csi.smumn.edu/students/internship-info.
- Click on the Paperwork section.
- Complete the “Intent to Intern” form.
- Upon finalizing your internship location, complete the “Off Campus Study Agreement” form.
- Print the “Off Campus Study Registration Form.”
- Complete the first blanks.
- Fill in the corresponding box (if you are completing an internship, fill out the “Internship” box; if you are completing a field exploration, fill out the “Field Exploration” box).
- Get your faculty adviser’s electronic signature, then email the form to the Career Services Office at email@example.com for the remaining signatures.
- Complete your “Learning Contract.”
- Complete the online survey with the corresponding information.
- Write your learning contract (or syllabus) on Google Drive, and submit the shareable link to the online survey.
- In the Paperwork section of the Career Services website, select the “Learning Contract: Site Supervisor Signature” link, and send it to your site supervisor.
- Beneath this link, there is another link labeled “Learning Contract: Faculty Supervisor Signature.” Send this link to your faculty adviser or supervisor.
- For more information on the requirements of the Learning Contract, see the guidelines PDF, available on the Career Services website.
- Arrange a meeting with the Career Services Office via goo.gl/wg0vDe.
- Complete the “Pre-Internship Student Self-Assessment Form.”
WORKSHOP: Video Interviewing: Dos and Don’ts and Best Practices
DATE: Wednesday, April 1
TIME: 12:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Join Zoom Meeting
Enter 5 minutes prior to the start time
DESCRIPTION: Since spending time on video interviews will become even more prominent in the coming weeks and months, be sure you’re doing it right. Topics in this session include: creating the space (Hint: don’t interview on your bed!), handling glitches (proactively), and winning the interview.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Salute to Seniors
Attention May graduates — Congratulations on graduating this spring!
Toward the end of each semester, the Career Services Office does a Salute to Seniors issue of our newsletter, and we are inviting you to participate in that issue this year. If you are interested in being included, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A photo of you (and maybe of you and your Saint Mary’s friends doing cool Saint Mary’s things) to include in the newsletter.
- Your answers to the following prompts:
- Major(s), minor(s)
- Favorite memory at Saint Mary’s
- Any comments, messages, etc. to the faculty, staff, and students of the Saint Mary’s community
- Plans after graduation (short term) and dream job or plans for the future (long term)
We are planning to publish this issue in late April, so please submit your responses to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 17.