The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Department of Fine and Performing Arts announces the 2021-22 production calendar for theatre and dance. This season’s performances are full of humor, variety, and heartfelt surprises.
“Girls Like That”
Thursday through Saturday, Oct. 7-9, 2021 (Page Theatre)
By Evan Placey. When a naked photograph of a schoolgirl, Scarlett, goes viral, rumors travel fast. Scarlett’s reputation is affected and it threatens her relationships with the girls she grew up with. Directed by Walter Elder.
“The 39 Steps”
Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 4-6, 2021 (Page Theatre)
Adapted by Patrick Barlow. A man with a boring life meets a woman with a thick accent who says she’s a spy. When he takes her home, she is murdered. Soon, a mysterious organization called “The 39 Steps” is hot on the man’s trail in a nationwide manhunt that climaxes in a death-defying finale. A riotous blend of virtuoso performances and wildly inventive stagecraft, it amounts to an unforgettable evening of pure pleasure! Directed by Jimmy Bickerstaff, Ph.D.
Wednesday through Sunday, Dec. 1-5, 2021 (Page Theatre)
The holiday classic and family favorite includes performers of all ages in association with the Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts. Directed by Tammy Schmidt.
“SPLaSH!” (Short Play Showcase)
Thursday through Saturday, Feb. 17-19, 2022 (Page Theatre)
Directed, designed, (and often written) by Saint Mary’s students. Come be a part of the future of theatre!
“Legally Blonde, the musical”
Thursday through Saturday, March 24-26, 2022 (Page Theatre)
Book by Heather Hach and lyrics and music by Laurence O’Keefe and Nell Benjamin is based on the novel by Amanda Brown and the popular and entertaining 2001 film of the same name. This musical shows how a young woman can surprise her colleagues, exceed expectations, and still stay true to herself. Its heartfelt message of acceptance will warm you to your toes and leave you wanting more. Directed by Judy Myers.
Dance Repertory Company Concert
Thursday through Saturday, April 7-9, 2022 (Page Theatre)
An evening of classical and contemporary dance choreographed by faculty and regional guest artists. Directed by Tammy Schmidt.
Feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions:
- Ned Kirk, D.M., professor, chair (fine and performing arts): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judy Myers, professor (musical theatre): email@example.com
- Jimmy Bickerstaff, Ph.D., associate professor (history/theory): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Schmidt, assistant professor (director of dance): email@example.com
- Walter Elder, assistant professor (acting/directing): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Niffer Pflager, assistant professor (design/technology): email@example.com
- Jason Underferth, lecturer (lighting and sound design): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anastasia Goodwin, lecturer (costume design): email@example.com