WINONA, Minn. — Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts (MCA) invites all dancers ages 7 and older to participate in a placement class Aug. 16-19 at the Valéncia Arts Center, 1164 W. 10th St. These new, low-key classes will help ensure students get placed in the right level to help them grow.
Due to interruptions in dance instruction during the COVID-19 pandemic, MCA envisions reorganizing some levels slightly. All students will be placed in a class no matter their experience level. This is an opportunity for new students to give dance a try or for dancers who have taken some time off.
Registration is not required, and there is no cost to participate in the placement auditions. Auditioning dancers should follow MCA’s dress code for the dance class they are taking (listed on mca.smumn.edu). Dancers in need of borrowing gently used dance clothing can contact the MCA office at email@example.com or 507-453-5500 to make arrangements.
If you are unable to attend but interested in dancing through MCA in the fall, please contact the office prior to Monday, Aug. 16. Read the descriptions below carefully to determine which audition is best for you or your dancer. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-453-5500.
Monday, Aug. 16 — Contemporary/Modern/Jazz Placement Day
- 5+ years of Jazz or Modern, 3 to 4:15 p.m.
- Beginner to 2 years of Jazz or Modern (8+ years old), 4:30 to 5:15 p.m.
- 2-4 years of Jazz or Modern, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 17 — Tap Placement Day
- 5+ years of Tap, 3 to 4:15 p.m.
- Beginner to 2 years of Tap, 4:30 to 5:15 p.m.
- 2-4 years of Tap, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 18 — Ballet Placement Day
- 5+ years of Ballet, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Beginner to 2 years of Ballet (7+ years old), 4:45 to 5:30 p.m.
- 2-4 years of Ballet, 5:45 to 6:45 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 19 — Hip Hop Placement Day
- 3+ years of Hip Hop, 4 to 5:15 p.m.
- Beginner to 3 years of Hip Hop (7+ years old), 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
The Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts (MCA), an affiliate program of Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, is a nonprofit community arts school offering programming in dance, music, visual art, and theatre. Classes, lessons, workshops, and camps are offered for students of all ages from birth through older adults at the Valéncia Arts Center. For more information about MCA or Galleria Valéncia, visit mca.smumn.edu, email email@example.com, or call 507-453-5500.