On Thursday, June 25, the Lasallian Association of Colleges and Universities (LACU), in collaboration with the Office for Lasallian Education at Christian Brothers Conference, District of Eastern North America, Midwest District, and District of San Francisco New Orleans, will host Responding to Racism: A Lasallian Dialogue.
The virtual panel discussion is an initiative of the six Lasallian colleges and universities throughout the Lasallian Region of North America (RELAN). Continuing the work of the annual Lasallian Higher Education Colloquies on Racial Justice, which started in 2017, and in light of the national and international dialogue taking place now on the sin of racism following the killing of George Floyd, LACU invites the Lasallian and Catholic family to come together for discussion and action, to work for racial justice and equity.
Panelists and facilitators for Responding to Racism: A Lasallian Dialogue:
- Hayden Greene, M.A. (panelist), is the founding director of Multicultural Affairs and the coordinator for the Multicultural Center at Manhattan College.
- Kristi J. Kelly, Ed.D. (panelist), is the chief diversity officer and director of Multicultural Student Services at Lewis University.
- Maureen O’Connell, Ph.D. (panelist), is an associate professor of Christian Ethics, Department of Religion and Theology at La Salle University.
- Luisa Marcela Ossa, Ph.D. (panelist), is an associate professor of Spanish and area chair of the Undergraduate Spanish Program at La Salle University.
- Brother Ernest Miller, FSC, D.Min. (moderator), serves as vice president for mission at La Salle University.
- Frances Sweeney, Ph.D. (moderator), serves as a professor of Spanish and vice president for mission at Saint Mary’s College of California.
Above photo courtesy of Peg Hodapp, DeLaSalle High School, Minneapolis
The event is sponsored by: