Saint Mary’s Career Services is committed to supporting students as they search for jobs and internships. From making the most of a video interview to virtual networking and securing your next internship, we will continue to share resources to provide much-needed career support in this time of uncertainty.
Video interviewing best practices: The dos and don’ts
The job search process doesn’t have to stop because you are stuck at home. It will just look different for the foreseeable future. As you prepare for your next (video) interview, set yourself up for success and proactively plan for the unexpected.
Wednesday, April 1, at 12:30 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 608007747 (Please enter 5 minutes prior to the start time.)
Since video interviews are now essential to the job search process, be sure you are doing it right. This session is intended to share best practices and includes these topics:
Creating the space (Hint: Don’t interview on your bed!)
Handling glitches proactively
Winning the interview
Did you know?
Employers will continue to hire, even if the job search process looks different right now. Here are 10 things you can do to set yourself apart:
- Know that this is an unprecedented time. Health comes first.
- Assess your goals and strategies.
- Prepare your résumé so it’s ready to go.
- Update your LinkedIn page.
- Virtually connect with your network, and expand it where possible.
- Stay informed and expand your skill set.
- If contacted for an interview, try and arrange via phone or video conference.
- Send thank-you notes to employers and connections.
- Exercise persistence and patience.
- Remember, there is no specific job search protocol during a pandemic, so be patient and understanding.
For more information, check out this article.
ONLINE WORKSHOP: Internships for Summer and Fall Semester
Wednesday, March 25, at 12:30 p.m.
Join Zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 531004438 (Please enter 5 minutes prior to the start time.)
An internship is an incredibly valuable way to learn about a career field, build your skills, and solidify your network while in college. Participants in this workshop will discuss how to find and secure internships for summer and fall semester, and learn the procedures for securing internships for academic credit.
MN Education Jobs Fair – CANCELED
Wednesday, April 1
This event has been canceled, but the job fair website will remain live until July 1, so you can continue to see opportunities and make contact regarding open positions.