You are invited to participate in activities being held Saturday, Oct. 6, as part of the celebration surrounding the inauguration of our president, Father James P. Burns.
VOLUNTEER SERVICE — 10 a.m. to noon
- Take part in a service project to clean up Saint Mary’s portion of Highway 14 near campus.
- Volunteers will meet outside of the art gallery in the Toner Student Center at 9:30 a.m.
- Free coffee, juice, fruit, and Bloedow’s donuts will be available during check-in. Sign up here.
SOCCER TAILGATER — Noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Join in the fun of gameday near the soccer field.
- Watch a double-header as women’s soccer takes on the College of Saint Benedict at 1 p.m. and men’s soccer takes on Saint John’s University at 3:30 p.m.
- Enjoy food from noon to 3 p.m. at the soccer field. (Lunch will only be served in this location.)
- The event also includes lawn games, as well as a giant soccer dartboard and bungee run inflatables. A tug-of-war will be held during the halftime of the women’s game; a bubble soccer game will run during the halftime of the men’s game; and a giant hamster ball 100-yard-dash will be offered between games. Check out the giveaways for students while supplies last.
ARTISAN FAIR ON THE PLAZA — 1 to 4 p.m.
- Regional artisans, musicians, and nonprofit organizations will fill the plaza with the aim of bringing together the local artisan entrepreneurial community.
- Approximately 20 artisans will showcase and sell a large variety of their work that ranges from artisanal soaps to jewelry to wood carving.
- Longboards created by Saint Mary’s students under the guidance of Dr. Joe Tadie and art by Monta May of the Marketing and Communication Office will also be available for purchase.
- Entrepreneurship students will sell refreshments, and music will run throughout the event with Amanda Grace performing at 1 p.m., Dust Settlers at 2 p.m. and a Saint Mary’s student-led band at 3 p.m.
- This event is sponsored by the Kabara Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.